Lymphoedema is swelling caused by damaged or abnormal lymphatic vessels. It is a chronic condition that requires ongoing monitoring and treatment.
It can occur following treatment for breast cancer or any other cancer surgery where lymph nodes are removed or damaged.
Treatment aims to prevent progression of this condition through early detection, swelling reduction and maintenance.
Using the latest tissue analysis equipment, we are able to detect early changes in tissue fluid before it can be seen or even felt. This means we are able to pick up early onset lymphoedema and start treatment, which is essential to prevent progression of this condition.
- Primary lymphoedema
- Secondary lymphoedema
- Head and neck lymphoedema
- Breast, trunk and abdominal lymphoedema
- Post surgical scar tissue
- Post surgical cording
- Pre operative screening and education
- Preventative surveillance and treatment for at risk patients
Complex lymphoedema therapy including:
- Education and advice
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Compression bandaging
- Compression garment prescription
- low level laser
- intermittant pneumatic pump